'   _    \                
         /   /` '.   \               
        .   |     \  '               
.-,.--. |   '      |  '              
|  .-. |\    \     / /        __     
| |  | | `.   ` ..' / _    .:--.'.   
| |  | |    '-...-'`.' |  / |   \ |  
| |  '-            .   | /`" __ | |  
| |              .'.'| |// .'.''| |  
| |            .'.'.-'  / / /   | |_ 
|_|            .'   \_.'  \ \._,\ '/ 
                           `--'  `"  

VARIA x atnofs <-- clue

- ATNOFS pad: https://pad.vvvvvvaria.org/cosf
- ATNOFS interview January 2022: https://pad.vvvvvvaria.org/cosf.interview
- ATNOFS chapter dates + travel info https://pad.vvvvvvaria.org/cosf-travel
- ATNOFS budget: https://cloud.vvvvvvaria.org/f/45629
- ATNOFS facilitation: https://pad.vvvvvvaria.org/varia-atnofs-facilitation
- ATNOFS narrowcast page: https://stream.vvvvvvaria.org/atnofs.html
- ATNOFS broadcast notes: https://pad.vvvvvvaria.org/atnofs_broadcast
- ATNOFS workshop scripts: https://pad.vvvvvvaria.org/atnofs_scripts
- ATNOFS Listening workshop: https://pad.vvvvvvaria.org/atnofs_listening

$ ssh rosa

ideas for workshop content 26 & 26 March:

to discuss 17.03
to do list
Rosa installation planning 
┌───────────┐   ┌───────────┐  ┌──────────────────────────┐  ┌───────────┐    
│etherpad   │   │octomode   │  │resonance board           │  │etherpump  │    
│           │   │           │  │                          │  │           │    
│           │   │           │  │                          │  │           │    
│           │   │           │  │                          │  │           │    
└───────────┘   └───────────┘  │                          │  └───────────┘                     
 - pads          - pads        │                          │  - pads-to-files ---> file manager 
                 - pdfs        │                          │    - md/plaintext                  
                 - octomode    │                          │    - html         
                   sessions    │                          │    - pdf          
 ┌───────────┐  ┌───────────┐   - listing of
 │file       │  |distribusi |     - ... 
 │manager    │  |           |     - pads
 │           │  |           |     - pdfs / octomode sessions
 │           │  |           |     - pad bot update messages
 └───────────┘  └───────────┘     - files (distribusi for preview?)
  - upload &     - file           - other logs (RSS feeds)
    manage         browsing       - publication in progress? (pdfunite command?)
  - console?                    - actions
  - editor?                       - ... 
                                  - make new pad
                                  - make new octomode session
                                  - upload/download files (file manager)
                                  - ... 

>>> https://asciiflow.com/#/local/rosa

invited participants who will join


who cannot join

invited participants, to join  (around 10ppl)
- Jara (sure) -- ccl CONFIRMED
- femke -- alice
- alina lupu -- alice CONFIRMED
- possibly Ren Britton for Sunday (if they can come for both days) -- ccl
- cannach -- amy NOT COMING
- danae -- amy
- anna (amy pal) -- amy CONFIRMED
- june yu  -- ccl CONFIRMED
- Setareh Noorani https://setarehnoorani.nl - she was involved in https://setarehnoorani.nl/project/designing-the-social-het-nieuwe-instituut-feminist-design-strategies-ongoing/   -- ccl CONFIRMED + 3 others
- chinouk filique https://www.chinoukfilique.info/ - she spoke at the niteshop at the event on the safety of WOC in the public space https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tickets-talk-vrouwen-in-de-publieke-ruimte-uitverkocht-175569772917#   -- ccl CONFIRMED
- anita burato -- mb
- Antye Guenther (from upstairs) -- amy CONFIRMED
--- = 10

mini guest, invited for workshop from amy a.pass budget
- Francisca Khamis Giacoman, artist & designer doing listening workshops ( https://franciscakhamis.com/Info )


Wednesday 23. March
18:00 - 20:00 online presentations, using Narrowcast, broadcasted from Varia
Saturday 26. March
9:30 -  10:00 breakfast
10:00 - 11:00 round introduction + introduce publishing infrastructure inside rosa + license
11:00 - 13:00 proposed varia + guest? activities / proposal of roles through scripts / invitation to transform and make variations of activities and roles
13:00 - 14:00 LUNCH
14:00 - 17:00 activities/roles continued?
17:00 - 18:00 Sharing: summary, imagination
18:00 - 19:00 drinks & sharing
Sunday 27. March
9:30 - 10:00 breakfast
10:00 - 11:00/11:30 shorter intro // listening workshop?

13:00 - 14:00 LUNCH
14:00 - 15:00 possible guest talk / rest
16:00 - 17:00 magic consent party (writing a colophon together, author lists, rethinking if people want to delete things, edit magic consents)
17:00 - 18:00 print party

March 22
ccl digs to find some refs on feminist publishing:
March 21
Made changes to octomode + etherpump: you can open pads "in octomode" now.
Octomode does not make pads with an extension anymore, it just keeps the filename. 

Also installed https://git.vvvvvvaria.org/decentral1se/distribusi-go at /srv/distribusi + added it to the crontab of user friend, updates every 5 min.
To edit the crontab:
    1. become the friend user: $ sudo su friend
    2. edit the crontab: $ crontab -e
Also added an iframe to the main rosa page: (as friend) $ nano /srv/etherpump/templates/index.html
The iframe points to: https://hub.vvvvvvaria.org/rosa/chapters/
However, distribusi seems not to be able to run recursively?
This means that new folders in the chapter folder are not turned into distribusi pages... hmm.
Opened an issue about this: https://git.vvvvvvaria.org/decentral1se/distribusi-go/issues/14
Another issue is that distribusi creates links without trailing slash.... which makes links break because of the /rosa/ setup......
Next step: install the regular distribusi (not the go version) to work recursively + see if the trailing slash issue can be resolved in the nginx setup...

March 17
- finish buzzbot
- make changes to octomode that we discussed yesterday

folds bot .service details

March 16 - install etherpump
Install pip first.
$ sudo apt install python3-pip
Make a virtual environment.
$ mkdir /srv/etherpump
$ python3 -m venv venv
$ source venv/bin/activate
$ pip3 install etherpump
Try running etherpump
$ etherpump init
Returns: ImportError: cannot import name 'soft_unicode' from 'markupsafe' (/srv/etherpump/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/markupsafe/__init__.py)
To resolve this, downgrade markupsafe
$ pip3 install markupsafe==2.0.1
Try to run etherpump again
$ etherpump init
Copying the cron.sh file to make a script for etherpump to run every 10 minutes
This cron.sh script is used to generate the etherpump index.
The index is saved to /var/www/html/index.html.

March 15 - installing etherpad plugin linkify
Oh.... spotted in the settings.json that we're running etherpad with dirty.db, which "should only be used for testing and development"!!
Switching to mysql/mariadb...

Install mysql
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install wget -y
$ wget https://dev.mysql.com/get/mysql-apt-config_0.8.18-1_all.deb
$ sudo dpkg -i mysql-apt-config_0.8.18-1_all.deb
$ sudo apt install mysql-server

Adding the gpg of the mysql apt repo:
$ sudo apt-key adv --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 467B942D3A79BD29

Installing mysql/mariadb
$ sudo apt install mariadb-server
Make a "friend" user
$ sudo mysql
> CREATE USER 'friend'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'moonwalk';
Make a database for the etherpad
> CREATE DATABASE etherpad_lite_db;
Give permissions to the user friend to write to this db
> use etherpad_lite_db;
> GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'friend'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;
Close mysql
> exit;

Switching to a sqlite database, as that is what is used by the varia server...
$ sudo apt install sqlite3
$ cd /srv/etherpad-lite/src/
$ sudo npm install sqlite3
In settings.json
  "dbType": "sqlite",
  "dbSettings": {
    "filename": "var/sqlite.db"

Not sure which database is the best to use and why?
Would be interesting to learn about this, conversations around such questions are hard to find online.

How to install an etherpad plugin?
  1. Enable Admin interface (edit settings.json)
  2. Login in to admin interface (yourpad.com/admin)
  3. Use admin interface http://youretherpad/admin/plugins

Installed: linkify2 
for the [[anotherpad]] internal link function!
(we should test if it works)
--> it breaks the etherpad installation.

March 13 - mb thinking about storage options
- https://github.com/coderaiser/cloudcmd file manager + editor + console
- https://github.com/filebrowser/filebrowser file manager + editor + console
- https://github.com/prasathmani/tinyfilemanager file manager (demo https://tinyfilemanager.github.io/demo/)
- https://github.com/redhog/ep_fileupload etherpad plugin for built-in file upload

- something torrent based? (because downloading/uploading eats bandwidth of the rpi!!)
- something p2p? (to not make rosa the only central node, and stimulate promicuous file exchange?)
- wild thought: what if file uploads go through a chat environment + logbot? https://relearn2021.vvvvvvaria.org/
- federated file sharing? one folder hosted at rosa, shared/synces/mirrored/??? at a few other servers? (TINC can be used to safely exchange files automatically)
- wow bittorrents + rss feeds!?! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcatching
- an atnofs network of webtorrents! https://webtorrent.io/ https://btorrent.xyz/

trying filebrowser
$ cd /var/www/html/
$ curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/filebrowser/get/master/get.sh | bash
$ filebrowser -r .
Installation worked, but the application did not load.

trying tinyfilemanager
needs php
so first: install php
$ sudo apt install php php-fpm
add this to the nginx config:
    location ~ \.php$ {
        include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
        listen =
Also edit the php config file
$ sudo nano /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/www.conf
comment this line out with a ";":
add this line
and reload nginx + restart php
$ sudo service nginx reload 
$ sudo service php7.4-fpm restart
then try tinyfilemanager
-- hmm, redirects during use to https://hub.vvvvvvaria.org/files.php?p= .......
-- and does not correctly links to files......

trying cloudcmd
$ npm i cloudcmd -g
to run it
$ cloudcmd
Now it runs at port 8000
config file: /home/mb/.cloudcmd.json works
https://hub.vvvvvvaria.org/rosa/files/ works but css links are broken...

March 11 meeting

Instructions from Mika

add the stuff below to the varia server in /etc/nginx/sites-available/config file

server {
        listen 80;
        server_name rosa.vvvvvvaria.org/pad/;

        location / {
                proxy_pass ;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
                proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
                proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
                proxy_http_version 1.1;
                proxy_redirect off;
                proxy_buffering off;
                proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
                proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
                proxy_read_timeout 86400;

server {
        server_name hub.xpub.nl;
        root /data/www/xpub.nl/hub.xpub.nl;
        index index.html index.htm;

        location / {       
                # First attempt to serve request as file, then
                # as directory, then fall back to displaying a 404.
                try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
                fancyindex on;
                fancyindex_exact_size off;
                fancyindex_footer .footer.html;
                fancyindex_header .header.html;
                #fancyindex_css_href .style.css;

    location /soupboat/ {
        client_max_body_size 200M;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
        proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
        proxy_http_version 1.1;
        proxy_redirect off;
        proxy_buffering off;
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
        proxy_read_timeout 86400;

    listen 443 ssl; # managed by Certbot
    ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/hub.xpub.nl/fullchain.pem; # managed by Certbot
    ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/hub.xpub.nl/privkey.pem; # managed by Certbot
    include /etc/letsencrypt/options-ssl-nginx.conf; # managed by Certbot
    ssl_dhparam /etc/letsencrypt/ssl-dhparams.pem; # managed by Certbot

server {
    if ($host = hub.xpub.nl) {
        return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
    } # managed by Certbot

        server_name hub.xpub.nl;
    listen 80;
    return 404; # managed by Certbot


server {
        listen 80 default_server;
        listen [::]:80 default_server;

        root /var/www/html;

        # Add index.php to the list if you are using PHP
        index index.html index.htm index.nginx-debian.html;

        server_name _;

        location / {
                # First attempt to serve request as file, then
                # as directory, then fall back to displaying a 404.
                try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
                fancyindex on;
                fancyindex_exact_size off;  # Output human-readable file sizes.


        # enable home directories ... eg ~USER/ => /home/USER/public_html/index.html
        location ~ ^/~(.+?)(/.*)?$ {
            alias /home/$1/public_html$2;
            index index.html index.htm index.php;
            autoindex on;

        location ^~ /pad/ {
            proxy_pass http://localhost:9001/;
            proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
            proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
            proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
            proxy_http_version 1.1;
            proxy_redirect off;
            proxy_buffering off;
            proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
            proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
            proxy_read_timeout 86400;       

March 10 meeting

We ate delicious orzo risotto with mushrooms and potato salad, melon, raspberry cake, beer, plum wine


March 10
mb installs octomode

Step 1
Download the octomode code from the Varia git.
First go to the location where you want to install octomode. This should be outside of the public webserver folders, as we will have to save an API key of the etherpad at some point, and you don't want to share that key in public. Also, switch to the root user for this step.
`$ cd /srv/`
`$ sudo su`
`# git clone https://git.vvvvvvaria.org/varia/octomode.git`

Step 2
We will make an "octomode" user on the server to run octomode with this user. In this way we can restrict the access of this user to the rest of the server. It's a way to make sure that the pads in octomode cannot be used to write code in a specific way, that it can be executed on the server.
Make a system user called "octomode".
`# useradd --system --no-create-home --shell=/sbin/nologin octomode`
Give read and write access + ownership to the `/srv/octomode` folder to the octomode user.
`# chown -R octomode:octomode /srv/octomode`
`# chmod -R u+rw /srv/octomode`

To handle the limited folder access, i'm not sure what to do. 
Maybe a so called `chroot` can be used? 
Asking for advice here: https://git.vvvvvvaria.org/varia/octomode/issues/2#issuecomment-757

Step 3
Install the dependencies that octomode uses.
First make sure that `pip3` and `pandoc` is installed. On debian you can install it by running: 
`$ sudo apt install python3-venv pandoc`
There is a Makefile in the octomode folder, which can be used to install the dependencies. First navigate to the octomode folder and then run `make setup`.
`# cd /srv/octomode`
`# make setup`
Change the ownership of the installed dependencies to octomode.
`# chown -R octomode:octomode .venv`

Step 4
Get the API key of the etherpad you want to use. This can be a local one which is running on the same server, or an etherpad that is running somewhere else.
`# cat /srv/etherpad-lite/APIKEY.txt`
Copy the key and save it in the file `/srv/octomode/config.py` as "PAD_API_KEY".
`# cd /srv/octomode/`
`# nano config.py`
Also change the "PAD_URL" and "PAD_API_URL".
You can also change the "PORTNUMBER", this is the port at which octomode will be running. You can change it to any port number that is not used yet on the server.
Close and save the `config.py` file with `[CTRL+X]`, `[Y]`, `[ENTER]`.

Step 5
Try to run octomode, to see if it works!
`# make run`
If you are currently in the same local network as rosa, you can visit rosa's ip address on port 5001.
Try to visit all the different "modes": `pad`, `stylesheet`, `html` and `pdf`, to make sure that they all work.
You can stop the application with [CTRL+C].

Step 6
Run octomode as a background service.
Octomode is written in Flask, a python library to make web applications. It needs to run all the time in order to be available for people to use.
We will make a system d `.service` file for this.
Make a `.service` file for octomode:
# nano /etc/systemd/system/octomode.service
Paste the following configurations in the file:
Reload the systemd daemon:
# systemctl daemon-reload
And start the octomode service.
# systemctl start octomode
Check if it works by visiting again!

Step 7
Connect octomode to an URL.
To access octomode through an URL, like https://rosa.vvvvvvaria.org/octomode/, a mapping is needed to route octomode's port 5001 to the URL that will be used.
In nginx, we can use a proxy_jump for this.
Open the nginx configuration file.
# cd /etc/nginx/sites-enabled
# nano default
Add the following setting to the nginx file.
    location /octomode { 
    # Serve the /static/ folder nginx (instead of Flask)
    # as this Flask installation runs outside the root URL
    location ^~ /static/  {
        alias /srv/octomode/static/;
Change the permissions of the `/srv/octomode/static/` folder, as this folder will be served by nginx.
# chown -R www-data:www-data /srv/octomode/static/
# chmod -R g+w /srv/octomode/static/
Check if you configuarion is oke.
# nginx -t
If so, then reload nginx.
# service nginx reload
See if it works by visiting or https://rosa.vvvvvvaria.org/octomode/pad/.
(because https://rosa.vvvvvvaria.org/octomode/ gets redirected currently, but that is work in progress).

March 6
ccl goes down the rabbit hole in search for possible speakers

other references for us to read

Homework for Thursday 24 FEB (evening)
layers, logging, resonance, disguise

- make one space to organise our tasks
- move all the budget notes to the stimu 2022 

About publishing as layering: 
About questioning the act of layering

In relation to resonance and imagining forms non-romantic togetherness, to speculate on infrastructures that are based on various modes of relation:
homework from p_p

homework from strt
Thinking of layers in what it brings up in my mind - can be positive, like warm layers of clothing or layers of ingredients in a sandwich, and also less positive like layers of dust over forgotten or untouched objects, a layer of mould growing in a jar of jam, layers of bureaucracy that are hard to untangle. Yesterday we talked about alternatives to layers, which are linear - piles? A bundle? A bundle wrapped in layers of fabric.

The layers of communication/insight we give when writing on a pad, represented in a friendly bot sharing a short summary of whatt you can encounter in that pad.

Disguise in the form a surprises?

Wednesday 23 FEB (infrastructure day)
Poll for license: https://framadate.org/jScMDwqQnLRIk1PY
Port 80 - webserver (for everything on the web)
Port 22 - ssh into the server
p - to select a port
cd [enter] - get home

To add your own computer's key to Rosa, so you don't need to write your password when you log in.
First you need to generate a ssh key on your own computer:
This generates two keys: a public one and a private one

how to make a config file to connect to rosa:
    ls [means listing files]
    la [means long list]
    ls /
    cat[space+filename] = to display what is in a file
    nano config [opens a txt file]
    then you can write:

Host rosa
  User [write your username]
  Port 150822
  IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa

notes from conversation:
space for each chapter
(notes from last time - Welcome pack: A place to document what is there to see at the different locations, a tour guide, a map? restaurants? local recipes? travel suggestions? speech to text tools?)

consent to:
- publish
- alter (open license is consent to reuse)
- touch
- ...

Adding another language to the server's mode of address around permissions.
Amy: We did a workshop with Elodie around the CC4R license at APASS. We were reading Glissant: nothing is yours. you are an accumilation to a bunch of other things. we had to write about an artwork that we liked. and we had to write a license to say how we would like this work to be reused. the license is trying to do this i think, to be aware of minorities and the sources that you take from, but also to not be so protective about what you make.
Constant refigured the Free Art License and made it more complicated.

Installing tmux to work in a shared terminal session

First we all switch to the friend user
One of us makes a new session
Attach to new session
Installing etherpad
How? Is there documentation close to us that we can use?
remember: rosa uses debian bullseye
curl = downloading something from the internet
Rosa doesn't have curl and git, so we will install it first:
Then we follow the quick install:

Now we need to connect the port where Etherpad is 9001.

On XPUB1's Soupboat, an etherpad is installed in the same way as we need it: 

proxy_pass http://localhost:9001/ ;
            proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
            proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
            proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
            proxy_http_version 1.1;
            proxy_redirect off;
            proxy_buffering off;
            proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
            proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
            proxy_read_timeout 86400;

We can add this to the nginx config file
We add the config above.
Then we save it with CTRL+X and Y and [enter].
Then we test if the configs were oke syntaxwise.
And then we reload the nginx service.
Then we run the etherpad run.sh script again:
    cd ~/etherpad-lite/
And we go to http://rosa.vvvvvvaria.org/pad/

I reinstalled etherpad-lite 
fixing the error Error: The module at "ep_etherpad-lite/static/js/rjquery" does not exist.

src/bin/run.sh was failing to install the node modules

running separately 
npm install ep_etherpad-lite

getting the error that python is not found, so installing python and running again

tried changing the nginx configuration from here


no luck... perhaps trying to downgrade to an older version of etherpad next

04.03 tried to install again using below instructions, no luck so far


getting this error

npm WARN old lockfile     at async Array.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/arborist/lib/arborist/build-ideal-tree.js:743:9) {
npm WARN old lockfile   code: 'EACCES',
npm WARN old lockfile   errno: 'EACCES',
npm WARN old lockfile   syscall: 'mkdir',
npm WARN old lockfile   path: '/srv/etherpad',
npm WARN old lockfile   type: 'system'
npm WARN old lockfile }
npm ERR! code EACCES
npm ERR! syscall mkdir
npm ERR! path /srv/etherpad
npm ERR! errno -13
npm ERR! Error: EACCES: permission denied, mkdir '/srv/etherpad'
npm ERR!  [Error: EACCES: permission denied, mkdir '/srv/etherpad'] {
npm ERR!   errno: -13,
npm ERR!   code: 'EACCES',
npm ERR!   syscall: 'mkdir',
npm ERR!   path: '/srv/etherpad'
npm ERR! }
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! The operation was rejected by your operating system.
npm ERR! It is likely you do not have the permissions to access this file as the current user
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! If you believe this might be a permissions issue, please double-check the
npm ERR! permissions of the file and its containing directories, or try running
npm ERR! the command again as root/Administrator.

Can we change the background image of the pads?

Run etherpad all the time in the background as a "service":
"debian bullseye how to run etherpad-lite as service"

1. Create a user called etherpad-lite adduser --system --home=/srv/etherpad-lite --group etherpad-lite
2. Ensure the etherpad-lite user has full access to the etherpad-lite source
3. Create a new file etherpad-lite.service in /etc/systemd/system/
4. Run systemctl enable etherpad-lite to enable the service on boot.
5. Run systemctl start etherpad-lite to start the service. 

If you change the etherpad.service file, you need to reload the systemd deamon to make the changes.
tried to get the latest version on git 

Next time - make aliases

Notes for Session 17 FEB
Feminist publishing infrastructure imaginations
mb leaving a trail of thought around a possible feminist publishing infrastructure (FPI, to make it easier to repeat this long name):
+ in terms of content, the following snippets are helpful to imagine what will be there:

from p_p
maybe too old, binary and obvious a reference, but I have been reading Sadie Plant, The Future Looms, and there are some terms and passages that I find helpful for thinking about what feminist technologies might be / what is feminist them.

- an interface is something that we want for display, but it also hides
- we make technologies to be our messenger, for a possibility of communication.
- In FPI how do you show gratitude to the messenger?

"Indeed, if woman is[they are] anything, she is[they are] the very possibility of mimesis, the one who weaves her[their] own disguises. The veil is her[their] oppression, but "she[they] may still draw from from it what she[they] needs to mark the folds, seams, and dress making of her[their] garments and dissimulations." (Irigaray 1991, p116) ... she is[they are] more than which she[they] imitate. Woman[Oppressed people], like the computer, appears at different times as whatever man requires of her[them]. She[they] learns how to imitate; she[they] learns simulation. And, like the computer, she[they] become very good at it, so good, in fact, that she[they] too, can mimic any function. As Irigaray suggests: "Truth and appearances, and reality, power... she is[they are] - through her[their] inexhaustible aptitude for mimicry - the living foundation for the whole staging of the world."
- what is rosa wearing?
- does rosa have a costume?
- is rosa singular?

"Software, in other words, has its screens as well: it too has a user-friendly face it turns to [the client]man, and for it, as for [the worker]woman, this is only its camouflage."

- camouflage, FPI that allows you to share in disguise
- FPI that has options to conceal, to de-publish
> different layers of visibility and privacy, and that the users can change this for themselves
> making space for speculative/fiction, "disguise in untruth"

"There is for Irigaray another side to the screens which "already moves beyond and stops short of appearance, and has no veil. It wafts out, like a harmony that sub-tends, envelopes and subtly 'fills' everything seen, before the caesura of its forms and in time to a movement other than scansion of syncopations. Continuity from which the veil itself will borrow the matter-foundation of its fabric."(Irigary, 1991, p116) This fabric, and its fabrication is the virtual materiality of the feminine; home to no-one and no thing, the passage into the virtual is nevertheless not a return to the void. This affirmation is "without subject or object", but "does not, for all that, go to the abyss." The blind immateriality of the black hole was simply projected by man, who had to believe that there was nothingness and lack behind the veil."

- think about how to undo binary ideas such as 0 1
- find it helpful to think about performative aspect of screens, they frame an activity to which you give attention. what questions of framing enter FPI?

I imagine a feminist infrastructure:
- as the corner shop in your neighborhood - you kinda depend on them - to get fresh eggs, milk and tomatos - you also know when they are open or close - so you go there when it’s good for both - and you know that one day - they might get sick or something - and because you go there every other day - and make conversation while picking lemons from the basket - you and them are sort of friends - maybe not bffs - but friendly enough - to care - and help out - whenever necessary - however you can - maybe ask what’s up - offer some soup or to look out for the kids for a while - or call some other neighbor - cuz you know maybe you are not skilled to solve everything - and that’s fine - there are others like you  - and different than you - and together you can make it work again - maybe not fully - not same - but open again and shared - with oranges for all of you around it - and that might meant you get less flour one day - and a lots of coffee beans some others - it might depend on the weather - or on the providers - that are also other neighbors  - like you with the ropes and shoe laces - and sometimes other things come from a far - and that’s also nice - cuz you can try berries you didn’t know - and make uses you didn’t think of before - sometimes things are send away too - or someone travels - or both - and as things and knowledges are helpful elsewhere - when back - they might bring new ones - maybe partnerships are build this way - in these comes and go’s - so the neighborhood feels a bit bigger - expanded - kinda flexible - diverse - supported - and connected - in a way - as you rely on the shop  - y’all  rely on each other - knowing that nothing is permanent - or perfect - or stable - but it’s there while it’s there - and that’s good knowing

We're making a way to collect materials & make them visible to each other
Are we making categories? Maybe something softer.
logging as a way to collect materials before you forget them
logs work in chronological order
"this happened this happened this happened this happened this happened"
logs are difficult to read, logs are unedited objects
what if we see the log as something that operates in parallel with another text
you never read a log from top to bottom, you search for something specific and filter it
alt text workshops - https://alt-text-as-poetry.net/
how could logging work for everyone, practically speaking? for relearn we used the browser

can we cross protocols? to not force people to use our tools? 
RSS can be our shared protocol: Mastodon and logbot both "speak" RSS

marks as tools to layer the logs: certain marks will allow a post to go to the publication
layering the logs: what kind of layers can we add to the logs?
how can we connect the logs with the texts?

Session 17 February

for tonight:
- imagining the feminist publishing infrastructure
- check wih Alice + Amy the guests & participants + email them soon
- set a coordination meeting for next week
- set work days for making the infrastructure
- talk about marloes
for next week:
- imagine these 2 days 
- distribute the sending of emails to invite 10 participants + write a draft

Session 10 February
morning meeting

Tasks List / Role division
- translate the text to Dutch (manetta)
- go over budget (ccl + alice)
- look at catering options for the 2 days (ccl can look into it)
- research spaces, get contacts (Amy can check RET, attent,)
- put announcement on website (alice can do this, oh sorry didn't see that you signed up for doing this)
- reserving spaces for accommodation (for 4) (julia)
    friday - saturday - sunday - monday?
- set working days for organising the Varia chapter (together)
- how to proceed with the publishing infrastructure? (homework)
- pick up Rosa from Amy (julia)
- make image for the event
- think of guests
- invite Femke for Varia's chapter?

activity budget of 350
hybrid is more accessible - moments of sharing online

what do we want with a guest?
guest budget: € 1200

Eva Weinmayr http://wiki.evaweinmayr.com/index.php/Main_Page (resonant publishing, nice person)
Danae https://digitalwitchcraft.works/ (feminism & infrastructure)
Loraine Furter https://www.lorainefurter.net/en
Futuress https://futuress.org/ (infrastructure as organisation) / their team: https://futuress.org/team/
Katherine McKittrick (online, give a talk)
depatriarchise design (based in Basel) https://depatriarchisedesign.com/about/ (don't know if they're into OS)
Femke Snelting (hehe) ----- participant
1? Winnie Soon (London, online)
2? someone from Vedetas https://vedetas.org/ (Brazil, online, instructive)
3? spideralex
Amy Wu (feminist publishing)
maybe the feminist group from Brazil we spoke to via DSN? (Brazil, online, portugese speaking)
SA Smythe https://afam.ucla.edu/sa-smythe/ (online - based in L.A.)"SA Smythe is a poet, translator, and transdisciplinary scholar whose research is focused on Black Italian, migrant, and postcolonial literature and other cultural responses to colonialism, racial capitalism, and other relational aspects of dispossession and inequality stemming from citizenship, borders, and belonging in the wake of self-initiated “crises” of migration across Europe (in particular, Italy), East Africa, and the Mediterranean."
Spideralex https://transhackfeminist.noblogs.org/post/2014/07/29/transhackfeminist-manifesto/
4? Elaine Gan https://elainegan.com/ (https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-323-elaine-gan)
"A grain of rice sits in a field on the banks of the Mekong river. A water buffalo breaks up soil in the Ifugao terraces in the Philippines. A black box containing rice seeds is placed on a shelf inside the Svalbard seed vault at -18°C in Norway. From such a common seed, hidden in plain sight, artist-scholar Elaine Gan weaves a dynamic network of relationships connecting agroecology and more-than-human sociability, subsistence farmers and climate change, contaminated taxonomies and feminist theory.

With a PhD in Film & Digital Media and Anthropology, Elaine Gan combines methods from art, science and humanities. Using relations and landscape as units of analysis, and exploring the temporal coordinations and assemblages that drive historical and evolutionary change, her practice takes the form of a porous composite of field notes, vector drawings, feral walks, installations and speculative timepieces and maps. Her research process, like the landscape itself, manifests as a fluid assemblage."

tenuous guest ideas
- Nicha Keeratiphanthawong, layout artist and typographer (https://nichakeeratiphanthawong.com)
thought her approach to making was interesting in relation to a possible feminist practice of documentation:
    "her work follows an interest in reading ephemeral aspects of the material, embodying details being disregarded between the process of making as tryouts, flaws, or remnants. Interweaving those layers, they translate into graphical forms and decorative qualities"
- Anna Lugmeier ( http://www.rendezvous3000.com/ ) a friend in a.pass who is a filmmaker and now busy trying to work out how her practice as a document or could be otherwise, how to loose control in terms of frame, editing, narrative, interaction with the camera etc. I thought it could be fruitful to involve her in how we document the weekend of activity. She would also be super curious about the workshop content.
- Tiger Dingsun has a background in computer science and graphic design "Poetics, World-Building, Structure, Mythos, Narrative, Ambiguity, Epistemic Disobedience, Non-Teleological Reading." ( https://tdingsun.github.io/worlding/ ) "A publishing platform for non-teleological reading." ( http://tdingsun.github.io/reading-machines/ ) Their work is a mixture of computational systems for reading/writing, design and worlding. Based in the US.
- Suzanne Treister ( https://www.suzannetreister.net/ ) old, british, net artist. Based in London. Made an amazing tarot set about possible futures w/ technology ( http://www.suzannetreister.net/HEXEN2/TAROT_COL/HEXEN_2_TAROT.html ) She has amazing stories about having a computer in the 80's and making computer art ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFqEL2asKzc ) I would be curious to have a conversation with her through my a.pass 'mentoring' budget, maybe talk to her about the feminist server project.

Publishing infrastructure
documentation of different traces of the project
Amy: something instruction based for others to be able to pick up, 

evening meeting
Julia shares Sara Ahmed

In response to this quote, Cristina mentions a Katherine McKittrick's position to work with what we have in order to reach liberation (this is super paraphrased, would be nice to have a quote here?)

Cristina shares this web page in which the word "resonance" is mentioned in relation to publishing, by Stevphen Shukaitis: https://transversal.at/transversal/0614/shukaitis/en

Manetta leaves some snippets here for 10 February, this one felt useful for us in regards to positioning towards receiving funding. I found this in the Glossary of Undisciplined Design book that i borrowed from Cristina: 

amy's thoughts on feminist publishing

amy's thoughts about intersectional feminism?

amy's links for permacomputing
Manetta's thoughts about feminist publishing: 
+ Something that is on my mind these days is to think about the overlap and difference between: 
    "networked publishing" {?} 
    (blurring a technical understanding of networks with a social one), 
    "promiscuous publishing" { Constant—Femke Snelting https://constantvzw.org/wefts/webpublications.en.html
    (where inputs and outputs are processed by multiplicity of tools and processes),
    and "resonant publishing" { ? } 
    (where editorial roles are blurred + publishing happens while-we-go)...

And thoughts about feminist infrastructure, from Underneath and on the sidelines: Sustaining feminist infrastructures using speculative fiction by Spideralex: 
And about (intersectional, even though this word is not used) feminism by Susan Leigh Star in Misplaced Concretism and Concrete Situations: Feminism, Method, and Information Technology (1994): (this author also cited in first book I brought in)

[we are reading very fast from here on]

... she continues to further unpack feminism as a method, which is a snippet that i encountered through the Vernaculars come to matter book where Michael Murtaugh referred to it in his text on vernacular software. So again the following words are from Susan Leigh Star:

cristina's links to discuss in the meeting
[server time now!!]

$ sudo nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
$ sudo service --status-all
$ sudo service ssh start

Now from the laptop:
$ ssh mb@rosa
> returns: "ssh: connect to host rosa port 22: Connection refused"


$ ssh mb@rosa.local -p 1508
> works

Opening the ports on the router

Log into the router. On the browser:
We opened port 1508 on the router and mapped it to rosa's port 1508.

We prepare the "friend" account for Roel
so he can login to rosa for the 

$ cd /etc/nginx/sites-available
make copy of an existing config file:
$ sudo cp radio.poel.casa.conf rosa.poel.casa.conf
make a symlink between this file above and its omolog in sites-enabled:
$ sudo ln -s ../sites-available/rosa.poel.casa.conf .
edit the file:
$ sudo nano rosa.poel.casa.conf

$ sudo nginx -t
$ sudo service nginx reload

https://rosa.poel.casa/ works!
But we don't have a web server running on Rosa yet ;).

We need to install nginx on the rosa server!
$ sudo apt install nginx

$ sudo systemctl status nginx 
it runs!

We will make a small web page for Rosa now.
$ cd /var/www/html
$ sudo nano index.html

And now we change permission of the /var/www/html folder, so we all can write in this folder

$ sudo chmod -R g+w /var/www/html
$ sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html

And we add ourselves to the www-data group, so we can all edit the page.

$ sudo addgroup USERNAME www-data

Rosa has a web page!!


Close the laptop!

STEP 6 (next day)
Port 1508 does not work anymore:
$ ssh user@rosa -p 1508
returns: "ssh: connect to host rosa port 1508: Connection refused"

It seems that the ssh service is not started after a reboot.
Apparantly, debian runs two ssh services: one for handling general ssh sessions, and another one for custom configurations of the ssh connections. This is made like this, so you can restart the ssh service without loosing your ssh session. Also, when you have errors in your ssh config file, this means that you still can ssh into your machine... (if there would have been one one ssh service you would have lost all access to the machine).

To enable this, run:
$ sudo systemctl enable ssh


Hmm, when trying to use the port 1508 now, it returns: "ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer"
And with the default port 22 is returns: "ssh: connect to host rosa port 22: Connection refused"


An online source advices to reboot Rosa.

$ ssh user@rosa -p 1508
ssh: connect to host rosa port 1508: Connection refused
$ ssh user@rosa
works again, so it seems that the "enable" command did not work.

Another attempt: maybe it helps to first start the service... and then enable it?
$ sudo service ssh start
$ sudo systemctl enable ssh
$ sudo reboot


So.... how can we start the ssh service when we reboot Rosa?


Maybe these logs can help us out...
$ tail -f /var/log/auth.log | grep ssh
When keeping that open in a second terminal... and log out from the first terminal, and trying to log in again using port 1508... 
The terminal returns: "ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer"
The log returns: "fatal: Missing privilege separation directory: /run/sshd"
Following this: http://realtechtalk.com/Linux_Ubuntu_Debian_Missing_privilege_separation_directory_varrunsshd-2236-articles
$ mkdir -p /run/sshd
Would make this directory
$ ssh user@rosa -p 1508
Oh it works now!


On March 10 we bumped into the same error. Suddenly we could not login with ssh anymore, as the ssh.service had stopped running. After starting it, we ended up in the same loop as above... Once someone opened a second ssh connection to rosa, the ssh configs somehow got reverted. All ssh connections are blocked, both on port 22 and 1508... So i did a manual reboot by unplugging and replugging rosa.

I searched again online to see if there are more clues out there why this happens, and found this, describing exactly our situation: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/675370/why-ssh-service-doesn-t-start-automatically-during-boot-despite-being-enabled-by

Following this reply to the first answer, might work for us too: 
But hmm... what does it mean to "disable this unit"...

Let's go back to the default port 22.....

$ sudo nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
Comment out the line: Port 1508
Save the file.
Reboot the server.

Disable root login

$ sudo vim /etc/ssh/sshd_config
PermitRootLogin no

$ sudo systemctl restart ssh

resolve the locales error

$ sudo apt policy locales
$ sudo apt install locales

"Locales are a framework to switch between multiple languages and allow users to use their language, country, characters, collation order, date and time, etc. Make sure you set locales generating UTF-8 locales. Other character sets can be set for backwards compatibility with older systems and software."

$ locale
To set the locale to US English and UTF-8
$ sudo locale-gen en_US.UTF-8

This seem to have resolved it.

Session 3 February
For next time:
- we should not forget to invite guests
- we realised that we cannot really have more participants during the Varia chapter, as we will already be with +- 20 of ATNOFS people
- homework is to bring *) a paragraph/page on feminism and **) a paragraph/page/reference on feminist publishing
- next time we meet at Alice's place and we invite Marloes to join us and bring a paragraph/page on ecofeminism + maybe permacomputing tools for the feminist publishing part

think about our anxious questions:
who's going where?

books we held and borrowed
Alexis Pauline Gumbs, DUB: Finding Ceremony
adrienne maree brown, Emergent Strategy
The New Woman's Survival Catalog, A Woman-made Book
Lola Olufemi, Feminism Interrupted

Points to discuss
- Marloes' email
- message to Roel
- guests
- who do we invite

the 'resonant publishing' comes from: 
    eva weinmayr http://wiki.evaweinmayr.com/index.php/Main_Page

Making user
$ sudo adduser ju_ju

what stood out to us
Initially there was this message, this lecture part, when you start to use sudo you suddenly get a lecture. It's really called a lecture in the system as well, which is such a weird name. We changed it, as it feels important to change it. This is what is there by default: 

amys shell command notes
cd = change directory
ls = horizontal list
ls -l = vertical list with more info
.. = previous directory
. = current directory
../ = go back to previous directory and then somewhere else
ssh = secure shell, connecting to remote host
ssh [username]@[IP address]
nano = how to make a txt file
pwd = shows you where you are

We ate beet risotto with tofu and Brussels sprouts
And we drank a very nice Capitalism Rouge wine + a Christmasy sparkling wine w/ a plastic cork :/

Decisions related to the VPN hub situation

- we will ask Roel when he is available to do it
- we ask infra if they have hours that Roel can use for this

- Marloes - maybe join our work session or meet online another time? We don't have that much time

Where is Rosa???
$ nmap -n
Today Rosa is at:

To login today:
$ ssh username@


Session 26 January
We ate cauliflower gratin that Alice made, it was very yummy. 
We had raspberry pi's as dessert <3.

The raspberry pi 3 B+ is a 64 bit computer and uses an ARM processor
"Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz"

Are other groups and feminist servers writing tutorials about how to install a server?

BIOS = basic input output system (is a legacy system)
UEFI = Unified Extensible Firmware Interface

We are following: https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=249449
Which pointed us to this download page: https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/arm64/iso-cd/
To partion the SD card: we can use gparted on our computer to write the operating system to the micro SD card.
MBR = Master Boot Record, this one is used for disks < 2TB
Device --> Create Partition Table 
msdos is the same as MDR

Iyour partition is /dev/sdb1, you mount it at the mnt directory like this:
$ sudo mount -t auto -o rw /dev/sda1 /mnt -v

We try another route.
dd if=<file> of=<device> bs=4M; sync


We are running: 
    $ sudo dd if=/home/ccl/Downloads/debian-11.2.0-arm64-netinst.iso of=/dev/sda bs=4M; sync

Now we try it!
Did not work.

We try something else............ 
It worked!!!!!!!!

Making users and groups.
$ sudo adduser ccl
$ sudo adduser ccl sudo
$ sudo addgroup varia
$ sudo adduser ccl varia

How to open port 22

we installed ufw to open port 22 
$ sudo apt install ufw

$ ssh ccl@
$ ssh p_p@
$ ssh strt@
$ ssh mb@

Renaming the server to "rosa"

$ sudo nano /etc/hosts
$ sudo nano /etc/hostname

[meaning of linux file directories https://www.howtogeek.com/117435/htg-explains-the-linux-directory-structure-explained/]

Adding ssh keys to rosa
$ ssh-copy-id mb@rosa

Editing the welcome messages
$ sudo nano /etc/motd
$ sudo nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
$ sudo nano /etc/sudoers

How to edit the sudo lecture file.......
$ sudo nano /etc/sudoers

add the following two lines:
    Default        lecture_file=/etc/sudoers.unite
    Default        lecture=always

- from Dear Science: "A black sense of place draws attention to geographic processes that
emerged from plantation slavery and its attendant racial violences yet
cannot be contained by the logics of white supremacy. A black sense of
place is not a standpoint or a situated knowledge; it is a location of diffi-
cult encounter and relationality. A black sense of place is not individual-
ized knowledge — it is collaborative praxis. It assumes that our collective
assertions of life are always in tandem with other ways of being (includ-
ing those ways of being we cannot bear). A black sense of place always
calls into question, struggles against, critiques, undoes, prevailing racist
scripts. A black sense of place is a diasporic-­plantocratic-­black geography
that reframes what we know by reorienting and honoring where we know
from. 10 This is a place where, to borrow from Édouard Glissant, “analytic
thought is led to construct unities whose interdependent variances jointly
piece together the interactive totality.” 11 A black sense of place is a meth-
odology and an analytical frame that believes in and believes black hu-
manity. So I ask: What does a black sense of place do to algorithms that
presume, in advance, black premature death? How might we shift our
methodological questions so that we do not end up in an analytical bind
that affirms rather than undoes racial violence?"
- update about O-Droid https://tweakers.net/nieuws/188212/hardkernel-stopt-met-odroid-h2+computingboard-door-chiptekorten.html
- pieces of rosa:

- cannot find a source for "starting in the middle" other than the known saying "in media res"
- from feminist infrastructure panel @ privacy camp:
    "What are the tools for organizing our workflow in and around technofeminist infrastructures and what are the terms of participation/exclusivity?"
    "Imagine a policy or an event that could empower your mission and collaboration with like-mind projects?"


server dinner #1 (20 January 2022)
What is a feminist server? The feminist server manifesto was written in 2013 but we notice that this is still a very important resource for us and others to talk about feminist server practices. At the same time, we feel that is also important to return to the text and see where we feel (dis)connections.

What could a feminist publishing infrastructure be? What would be its feminist features?
At the same time, we also feel that it is important to keep ecological impact of this infrastructure in mind. 

While starting in the middle of different things, including the feminist server manifesto, present experiences of server practices and collective publishing tools, we orient ourselves. In a way the idea of "resonance" feels very connected with this approach of "starting in the middle".

It would feel awkward to approach Rosa as the main server of this project, as there will be many servers on all sort of different tables. Is Rosa the glue of the network? Maybe it's the thread of the network.

It would be interesting to understand what would be an useful open-ended-ness of the publishing infrastructure we will make. This relates to the thoughts we wrote down on the difference between template/protocol/infrastructure. Of course there is an element of time and we need a form of radical efficiency to produce the different chapters, as everyone will already be pretty busy organising their 2 day event, yet it still would be a shame to make a system that closes any kind of experimentation or customisation off. 


To do:
    - decide on a date for the 2-day event: 26 + 27 March
    - figure out a rhythm for our own internal meetings
    - maybe also decide on what we're doing ;)
    - stimu application 
        - what we promised
        - budget
            - 40 hours per person including development, the two days themselves and also creating the chapter for Varia
                - 16 each for the 2 event days, leaving 24 hours per person for prep
            - documentation: 16 hours in total
            - development of the server: 24 hours in total (Stimu) + 48 hours in total (ATNOFS) = 72 hours in total
            - for server: 100 euros (where is this mentioned?)
            - for the activities  of the event: 350 euros (cannot be products)
            - guests: Danae + Spideralex (24 hours each, + 1x travel + accommodation can be covered)
            - for communication: 100 euros
    - hardware for the rosa server
    - discuss who goes where

To inform:
    - ATNOFS general meeting: Friday 21st January, 3-4pm CET (amy, julia, alice, cristina)

Stimu 2022: https://wiki.vvvvvvaria.org/images/e/ef/Varia-activiteitenplan-2022-EN.pdf
ATNOFS: see email with subject [ATNOFS Application]

Budget file

What is described in the applications?
- Having a new server for this project? Some don't feel the need for this. Some said that you can also see the humans as extensions of existing servers, so we don't need a new one.
- Rosa? As a place for other small self-organisations to use after ATNOFS? The travelling server can already be Rosa? 
- Relation between travelling server and publication infrastructure?
- Templates are prepared by Varia to document each chapter's work
- Public for event in March: small self-organisations in NL

Multiple conversations: 
- publishing infrastructure during the ATNOFS project
- event in March (we park this one for a moment)
- what happens with the server after the project

What will the other chapters do?
see https://pad.vvvvvvaria.org/cosf line 126

What do the chapters possibly need from the publishing infrastructure?

HYPHA, April (Sergiu Nisioi, Anca Bucur)
documentation discussion
technical documentation and knowledge sharing on server set up
Sergiu is comfortable to set up a server
possible to have the server hosted at the university
mode that people can add to the documentation of server set up
allowing mutuability!
in conversation with https://filaret16.ro/
place to add commissioned texts by local writers / leftist publishing house (3 people)
event will be in english (translations after)

+ intention of ATNOFS is to also spread the documentation/knowledge beyond this network

LURK, mid May (Aymeric, Roel, Lídia)
onboarding workshops about the fediverse
show how to install an instance on mastodon (they might already have this material)
is their aim to document the (technical) process? not only! also the discussion on what it means in terms of community responsibility and decisions
could this be documentation of conversation between LURK and other groups/HYPHA?
they mentioned the possibility to document the chapter on the Mastodon that will be installed

ESC, June (Reni, Ana Jeinic, theoretical architect; Nina Botthof, FLOSS grafics designer and blender person; Nayaro Castillo, artist specialized in Public Space; Panka Babukova, GIS (geographical information systems))
travelling server swarm of existing servers
maybe a way to share the fiction of the swarm? probably something very visual?
reni says the travelling server could join the swarm
-- added on 16-02 by mb: Angeliki told me that Reni is thinking about documenting stories.

FHM, September (Mara, Artemis?, Angeliki?)
local collectives, showcase social media that can be used, in greek
in collaboration with systerserver and possibly anarchaserver
translation? how will this be done, as chapter participants will join the sessions. This will be part of the collaboration agreement, that the event should be accessible in both the local language + english
live etherpad translations (server should have etherpad)

+ ATNOFS already holds a traversal swarm of servers

Constant, beginning of October (not fixed yet)
Etherbox, how the project can be more customizable for other people (not fixed if this will happen)
Yunohost, how they communicate, how they use memes, how language plays a part to make infrastructure and community
Depending on who will join it will effect the type of work they want to work on.

Marloes + ooooo
will travel to some chapters

ooooo: administrative aspect of maintaining a server and a collective, in interview format potentially, plus they want to look at legal documents
CHANGELOG https://keepachangelog.com/en/1.0.0/
they want to join FHM, Athens

Marloes: also wants to do interviews, ecological impact of servers
want to join Romania and Athens but it depends on where aymeric goes

Extra server demands ;)
Welcome pack: A place to document what is there to see at the different locations, a tour guide, a map?
- a map?
- restaurants?
- local recipes?
- travel suggestions?
- speech to text tools (if there are lots of interviews?)

Rhythm for our own internal meetings
- when is the Varia chapter?  Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th
- hour calculations
- how many hours do we reserve for after the event? there are 16 hours to edit the material afterwards

dresscode: feminist server
Thursday 20 18:00-21:00 @ Manetta, Bentincklaan 61-B, 3039 KK
Wednesday 26 18:00-21:00 @ Alice, Schiedamseweg 107B02, 3026AE
Thursday 3 18:00-21:00
Thursday 10 18:00-21:00
Thursday 17 18:00-21:00
Thursday 24 18:00-21:00

Feb 10: work moment, prepare announcement (Thursday morning) @ Varia 9:30-12:30
Feb 15: announce ATNOFS
Mar 26 + 27: Varia chapter

NOTE FOR CCL AND ALICE: Ask Constant who will be part of this chapter. Possibly Martino, which brings technical familiarity.
NOTE FOR CCL AND ALICE: ask ooooo + marloes what chapters they want to focus on

ways of hiding w/ julia & amy 09.03
relational consent
bring the body upfront/embodiment
consent its ongoing and re-negotiable, different for everyone

to do - consent concerns
- ask if we can make logbot ask if you want to share the image?
- collect references about consent for the intro to alias workshop, to share consent concerns: readings or make a questionarie to start a discution
- introduce the topic of consent in the context of a intersectional feminist server/infrastructure & publishing

to do soft structure
ideas for us / OR add to the alias workshop
can we make questions / considerations that appear in the terminal when you are working?:
to embed in an existing practice of logging:
an anonymous body log made of a collection of our changing feelings and needs during all workshop sessions, (not visible until later? deciding until when and if its stay anonymous, etc.. these decisions made during the workshop) 

template plans for soft structure
ideas for template:
    if we think about layers of consent - some moments in collective are also private and for you alone - can there be a template just for you?
    personal collection: there is a space for you in the server, that is private, but you can make it public if you like. It's your space to be respected.
    moment during the closing of each chapter when you choose what you want to share into the collective

what is the template for?